WhiteSpace Alliance Standards will address a variety of market and policy maker interests. White Space Alliance technologies offer a variety of benefits.
Internet Communications Technology (ICT) & Service Providers
- Non-Line-of-Sight technology that offer access at a reasonable cost
- Scales up over a longer period and with single up-front investment--or via existing infrastructure!
- Larger Coverage Areas than Cellular Internet technologies
- Channel Bonding & Aggregation: Speeds that scale!
- Enables rural deployment via minimal & low cost CPE
- Different Modulation Schemes & Co-existence tools
Regulators and National Bodies
- New revenue by delivering Internet services
- Co-exists with existing broadcast TV service
- Permits new sustainable revenue business models
- Allow new content delivery models
- Can create a more compelling TV experience
- New uses for spectrum assets
- Protect spectrum assets via ICT policy "tie in"
- ICT Enabler for the broadcast industry
- Leverages existing TV infrastructure Investment
- Repurposes existing spectrum resource without affecting on other uses
- Enables cost effective coverage & services in very rural regions
- Delivers the Internet' s social benefits distance learning, telemedicine, etc.
- Enables international programs with a "world band" of spectrum offering service across many countries
- Can establish "National ICT Policy Baseline"
Want to learn more? Contact us at help@WhiteSpaceAlliance.org